What is Records Management?
- Records Management ensures that an organization can find what they need when they need it in a cost- effective manner.
- Records must be maintained throughout a lifecycle that includes creation, use, maintenance and archival stages.
- The cost of records management includes the cost of creation and replication; the cost of storage throughout the life cycle, and the cost of access.
- Accessing records can be quite simple and inexpensive if the record is properly indexed.
Why Should I do It?
- The government requires us to keep certain documents to prove activities.
- Businesses must prove that it has acted in good faith in courts of law.
Best Business Practice
- Auditors and CPA's recommend that you maintain good audit trails as proof of sound business operation.
In order to determine your organization's records management requirements it is necessary to perform a survey.
The survey determines how you currently manage your records and what improvements might assist you in the development of a professional records management program.
The survey is cost free and the results will be valuable to you.
Call us today to schedule your survey at (740) 775-6683.
It is with great admiration that we recognize Herlihy Moving & Storage, Inc, for its completions of 15 years as a Mayflower Transit agent!
- Patrick J Larch