Unigroup Migration Study: More People Moving Out of Ohio Than Moving In

01 Feb

Unigroup Migration Study: More People Moving Out of Ohio Than Moving In

Posted By: admin Comments: 0 Categories: moving

The United Van Lines 43rd Annual National Movers Study is out. During 2019, Ohio experienced a small exodus of interstate movers with more people migrating out of the Buckeye State than moving in. 58% of Ohio’s interstate movers were leaving the state whereas 42% were coming in.

This continues Ohio’s trend of greater outbound movers than inbound. Since 2014, we’ve seen an annual net negative of interstate movers.

Jobs, family, and retirement were the primary reasons people left with movers citing those reasons at 55%, 20%, and 19% respectively. Age group demographics left the state at relatively consistent rates, although older demos were slightly more likely to leave.

Inbound movers overwhelmingly identified jobs and family as their primary reasons for moving. Nearly 90% of all inbound movers cited one of the two.


Leave a Comment